87 percent of online course learners “report a career benefit of some kind,” as per a Harvard Business Review study.
While these statistics differ from course to course, continuous learning is always a net-positive.
As a resource for business intelligence professionals, we've researched 19 free BI courses, with paid options to receive a certificate.
This University of Pennysylvania specialization boasts over 100,000 students, and includes five courses:
- Customer Analytics
- Operations Analytics
- People Analytics
- Accounting Analytics
- Business Analytics Capstone
Wharton is an extremely prestigious school, with notable alumni including Donald Trump, Elon Musk, Warren Buffett, Sundar Pichai, and many other billionaires.
With free (audit-only) options for each course, this specialization is a great way to improve your BI skills.
This ESSEC Business School specialization boasts over 20,000 students, and features four courses:
- Foundations of strategic business analytics
- Foundations of marketing analytics
- Case studies in business analytics with ACCENTURE
- Capstone: Create Value from Open Data
You’ll be taught by two ESSEC professors. ESSEC is a renowned business school, and the first European business school to receive AACSB accreditation. Their flagship program, the Master of Science in Management, was ranked 3rd globally by the Financial Times in 2019.
This University of Colorado specialization has nearly 40,000 students, and includes five classes:
- Database Management Essentials
- Data Warehouse Concepts, Design, and Data Integration
- Relational Database Support for Data Warehouses
- Business Intelligence Concepts, Tools, and Applications
- Design and Build a Data Warehouse for Business Intelligence Implementation
You’ll be taught by two UC Denver professors. The University of Colorado boasts a number of notable alumni, including 3 Supreme Court justices, 5 Novel Prize winners, and over 50 Fulbright fellows.
This is another University of Colorado specialization, which definitely isn’t for beginners, so it’s a great option if you’re already in the field or looking for a promotion.
It features five courses, ramping up in difficulty as you move through the specialization:
- Introduction to Data Analytics for Business
- Predictive Modeling and Analytics
- Business Analytics for Decision Making
- Communicating Business Analytics Results
- Advanced Business Analytics Capstone
You’ll be working alongside thousands of other students, and nearly 40,000 have already enrolled. With just three hours of study a week, you can expect to finish in around five months.
As a more advanced specialization, you’ll learn more complex skills like SQL, predictive analytics, and ASP.
Interested in more business intelligence resources? Obviously AI can help. We provide no-code machine learning solutions for business intelligence professionals. Sign up for a free trial today.