We believe that making machine learning accessible represents our greatest opportunity to empower the lives of everyday business users. That's why we have built a tool that enables non-technical business analysts to rapidly run predictions on their historical data, with just a few clicks. Allowing them to make better business decisions, fast. We are Obviously AI, a B2B predictive analytics startup based in Berkeley, CA and can't wait to learn more about you!
We are looking for an individual passionate about data science and startups. Someone who has a deep theoretical background in machine learning algorithms and statistics. Along with basic knowledge of programming, you don't need to be a machine learning engineer to apply. You will be responsible for managing data science support for the customer, answer basic questions on ML algorithms and recommend relevant datasets.
The position is structured as a part time role paid by the hour with base salary and commission. Best fit for new entrants in the data science space, college students studying machine learning and looking to get practical experience in how the algorithms work in business scenarios.
You will be supervised by the CTO and will work with everyone on the team.
- Customers have 2 kinds of support requests. The basic support requests (e.g. I forgot my password) and the advanced support request (e.g. what can I do to increase accuracy). You will be managing the advanced type of support requests.
- Create support tickets and detail your conversations.
- Explain users how algorithm works, gets hands on with customer data and help find ways to improve dataset.
- Great proficiency in English and ability to start and engage conversations.
- Deep understanding of ML algorithms and how they work.
- Ability to easily explain complex concepts in simple layman language. (Very Important)
- Ability to organize and maintain records.
- Be a spreadsheet guru. (Very Important)
- Self motivated and goal oriented
- Some history of programming, preferably in R or Python.
- Some background working directly with customers or end users.
- Experience using Obviously AI ;)